Prior to the release of Budget 2016 on March 22nd, 2016 by the new Liberal Government, movement within the Public Sector and external competitions was already beginning to increase. The new Budget has made investment commitments in various sectors of the economy. Here is a brief summary of how some of these investments may affect departments:
● Increase in Guaranteed Income Supplement and restore Old Age Security age of 65 – This will affect
the departments of Employment and Social Development Canada as well as the Canada Revenue Agency.
● Improve the lives of Indigenous people – This will affect Indigenous and Northern Affairs and may also affect the departments of Justice and Finance.
● Support Canadian arts and culture – This will affect the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation and Canada Council for the Arts.
● Enhance and improve disability awards and financial benefits for Veterans – This will affect Veterans Affairs Canada.
● Invest in mitigating the effects of climate change – This will affect Environment Canada as well as various
other departments such as Transport Canada, and Agriculture Canada to name a few.
● Reduce external contracting – While this affects all departments, it also allows departments to focus on other staffing activities such as hiring.
The above is a brief summary of which departments may be affected by the new investments. Several of these programs and initiative will require individuals with a deep knowledge of the subject matter which will allow room for present employees to relocate within the Public Sector and for new employees to enter the Government of Canada. This year will promise more competitions (and hopefully faster ones too) for those seeking a job in the Government of Canada.
Introducing the only proven online resource that will provide you with astonishing and quick results: The Insider's Guide to Canadian Government jobs.
This amazing guide contains years of research, interviews, and experience from Insiders in the Government of Canada to give you the best resource for obtaining your dream job in the Government.
Here is a brief look inside:
- 100+ pages of never seen before insider knowledge on obtaining highly sought after government jobs that will make you the envy of your peers.
- Clear steps and ready to use vocabulary that will land your new winning resume to the top of the pile...everytime, even if you're not good at writing.
- Two done-for-you cover letter templates that explain exactly how to use your work and educational experience to have hiring managers fighting to meet you.
- Also included is our trademarked: Face-To-Face Interview Differentiator TM. Our tested interview cheat sheet that carefully guides you through each step in the interview process taking you from a faceless applicant to a confident job candidate - even if you are usually nervous in interviews.
- Juicy insider tips on how to get more when negotiating your salary, even if you do not have a lot of work experience.
- Also included are free bonus chapters with amazing insider strategies on: Getting a job in the department of Global Affairs and how to excel in the highly competitive Post Secondary Recruitment (PSR) exams, even if you are not good at standardized tests.