Government of Canada face-to-face interview tips
Congratulations! You have past the initial screening process and are now invited to a face-to-face interview. Unfortunately, this is the phase where many unprepared candidates fail due to a lack of preparation, a knowledge of the process or the “unspoken” rules. This article will help provide a brief summary on how to prepare adequately.
Here are some tips to assist you in face-to-face interview
- Look at the invitation carefully –Invitations for a face-to-face interview at the Government of Canada carefully state how the process will be structured. Always prepare accordingly.
- Bring adequate pieces of identification and get your pass – You will need to obtain a visitor’s pass for your face-to-face interview. While the person who will meet you at the door can get you a pass, it’s better to show that you are a proactive person. This simple step sets the ground for a good first impression.
- Shake hands – Make a habit to smile and shake hands with every person that you meet in your face-to-face interview. It provides a more human side.
Introducing the only proven online resource that will provide you with astonishing and quick results: The Insider's Guide to Canadian Government jobs.
This amazing guide contains years of research, interviews, and experience from Insiders in the Government of Canada to give you the best resource for obtaining your dream job in the Government.
Here is a brief look inside:
- 100+ pages of never seen before insider knowledge on obtaining highly sought after government jobs that will make you the envy of your peers.
- Clear steps and ready to use vocabulary that will land your new winning resume to the top of the pile...everytime, even if you're not good at writing.
- Two done-for-you cover letter templates that explain exactly how to use your work and educational experience to have hiring managers fighting to meet you.
- Also included is our trademarked: Face-To-Face Interview Differentiator TM. Our tested interview cheat sheet that carefully guides you through each step in the interview process taking you from a faceless applicant to a confident job candidate - even if you are usually nervous in interviews.
- Juicy insider tips on how to get more when negotiating your salary, even if you do not have a lot of work experience.
- Also included are free bonus chapters with amazing insider strategies on: Getting a job in the department of Global Affairs and how to excel in the highly competitive Post Secondary Recruitment (PSR) exams, even if you are not good at standardized tests.